In 2017, Inizio Interventions began issuing an annual report that examines our services provided over the past year. We are excited to share some of the highlights from our 2017 Annual Report.
- Inizio provides services to children in the home and school settings. In 2017, two-thirds of service hours were provided in-home, while one-third took place in children’s schools.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) supervisors mentor therapists trained in state-approved Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training. This training is competency-based and covers essential skills in measurement, assessment, skill acquisition, behavior reduction, documentation and reporting, and professional conduct.
- Inizio serves a diverse population. In 2017, 57% were age 6 or below, over 30% were 7- to 10-year-olds, and 5% were teenagers.
- Inizio served an ethically diverse group of children and families. Our clients were generally similar to children in Los Angeles, CA as a whole. We offer services in many different languages, including Spanish.
- Inizio has demonstrated positive outcomes on every performance measure used in our research. Results using two standardized instruments to measure children’s progress, the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) and the Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales, showed that children made measurable improvements over time while receiving Inizio’s services. Largest improvements were in communication and social skills. Children also showed decreases in behavior problems.